We just got our engagement photos back and I absolutely LOVE them. Huge shout out to the fantastic Jenna Blanchard of My Happy Lens for the great shots!
I wanted to share a few of the photos that were the most unique to us – our comic book-themed engagement photos!
Comic Book Wedding Covers
We brought the following comic books with us to our engagement shoot. These comic books depict weddings or love-themed art on the cover:
- Comic covers we shot with:
- The Amazing Spider-Man Giant-Sized Annual Vol 1 #21 (1987) – Spider-Man marries Mary Jane
- The New 52 Young Romance #1 (2014) – Wonder Woman and Superman
- X-Men Vol 2 #30 “The Ties that Bind” (1994) – The Wedding of Scott Summers and Jean Grey
- Other cover options we collected but didn’t end up using in our photos:
What other wedding cover art books are there that I left out? Let me know in the comments!
Comic Book Engagement Photos
Bonus: Comic-Inspired Footwear!
My fiancé Jason also wore his DC Batman Converse shoes in all of our photos. These are a Journey’s exclusive – you can see the current DC Converse line here!
More Geek Chic Wedding Ideas
I hope this gives other comic lovers ideas for engagement photos!
Love geeky wedding ideas? Check out my Pinterest board Geek Chic Wedding Ideas!