I am officially starting the 101 in 1001 project – aka 101 tasks in 1001 days. I first discovered the project on @kapachino‘s blog and I’m really excited. For more on the project, check out dayzeroproject.com.
The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work).
Timeline: October 1, 2009 – June 28, 2012
I will donate $5 to charity for each thing I don’t do. I think the charity will be Feral Friends (the group I got Victoria from).
Photo thanks to Flickr user Linder
My top 20 things I’m most excited to cross off:
- Be a vegetarian for a week
- Take lunch to work for a month
- Successfully make banana bread
- Ride a bike to work
- Pay off my credit card bill
- Pay off my car
- Transfer my old 401K
- Buy a new computer
- Get a keyboard and learn at least one song all the way through – then perform it for someone
- Attend a tap dancing class
- Go to Rocky Horror Picture Show showing at midnight
- Walk the Kemah boardwalk
- Record videos of my grandma and great aunt telling stories
- Attend the Texas State Fair
- Spend a day at the beach
- Go to one Aggie football game, home or away, each year
- Get another tattoo
- Drink beer at noon on Tuesday in a bar that faces a giant car wash
- Go to a Scrabble club meeting
- Sing karaoke at a bar
See the whole list at qcait.com/101in1001 – I’ll be keeping a running tally!
I’ll also be documenting everything here. See all blog posts tagged 101 in 1001
Photo thanks to Flickr user LWR