“No room in the inn” is the general vibe I’m getting for Austin this weekend. With the ACL Fest crowd AND the Texas/Arkansas football game AND the Ike evacuees who are still being told not to go home AND no hotel room available in the city … it’s going to be … well… packed.
For me though, I’m more concerned about the density of talent on the stages of Zilker.
Here’s where you might just find me on Friday:
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm What Made Milwaukee Famous
- 2:30pm – 3:30pm Vampire Weekend
- 2:50pm – 3:30pm Louis XIV
- 5:15pm – 6:00pm Mates of State
- 5:45pm – 6:45pm Jenny Lewis
- 6:30pm – 7:30pm N.E.R.D
- 7:30pm – 8:30pm G. Love & Special Sauce
- 8:30pm – 9:15pm Donavon Frankenreiter
- 8:15pm – 9:30pm The Mars Volta
And in case you need to study up, here’s my essential playlist for Friday:
- What Made Milwaukee Famous – Sweet Lady
- Vampire Weekend – Oxford Comma
- Louis XIV – Louis XIV
- Louis XIV – Air Traffic Control
- Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins – Run, Devil Run
- Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins – Rise Up With Fists
- G. Love & Special Sauce – My Baby’s Got Sauce
- G. Love & Special Sauce –Rodeo Clowns, This Ain’t Living, Blues Music
- Donavon Frankenreiter – Move By Yourself
- Donavon Frankenreiter – Free
As far as Mates of State, N.E.R.D, and Mars Volta… I don’t know them that well… so I need your help. What tracks should I be listening to to prep for them to rock my world on Friday? Let me know.